UK grading system
Time to move to the UK
Dude I would kill for that grading scale
wait, so what is it in america then?
Anything below that is an F
is that real??
yo but lbr I’m just tryin to pass, not excel.
I think I can bullshit my way through half these identifications (thanks overwhelming interest in PoC during the 20s - 50s!) but lol fuck if I know anything about all these white dudes
AND THEN THERE’S THE ESSAY WHERE HE’S LIKE “REFERENCE THE BOOKS”
lmao bro i ain’t bought not’a’one book from your expensive ass list.
his powerpoints are the fucking worst
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO STUDY WITH THIS SHIT?
it is literally 48 slides long, only three of which contain any text
PICTURES OF THE CITY AREN’T VERY INFORMATIVE, YOU SLUSHIED SHIT RECEPTACLE.
Effects Of Thinking White People Are “All Like That”:
- Literally nothing other than white people having their feelings hurt on the internet
- I’m not joking there is no real world consequence of this
Effects Of Thinking People of Color Are “All Like That”:
- Saudi student is literally surrounded by FBI for cooking rice under terrorist suspicions
- White people literally can not associate positive words with Black faces because of racism
- More white people use drugs but Black people are sent to jail for drugs at 10 times the rate that white people are
- Black people who “sound Black” earn less money than those who don’t because of associations with stereotypes. Black people who “sound Black” are less likely to get called back for jobs
- Black children grow up literally associating being Black with being bad and ugly
- White people when tested shot more unarmed Black subjects than armed and unarmed white subjects
- Hate crimes increase after Boston tragedy
- Moroccan High School Student is linked to Boston tragedy for being Brown
- Bangladeshi man is beaten by people out of racism
- NYPD Commissioner wants Black and Latino men to fear him after the police targeted literally 90 percent Black and Latino men in New York and humiliating them by frisking them in public under the assumption that they had weapons. Studies found that white men were the ones who overwhelmingly had weapons while Black and Latino men didn’t
- White people blaming and convicting Black men for crimes they never committed and everyone believing them because of racism
- Stop and Frisk, ruled unconstitutional was practiced by New York police disproportionately and unfairly affecting 90% Black and Latino men because of racism
- Universities throwing racist ‘Fiesta Party’ homogenizing culture with extreme racism
- Here are some of the numbers on hate crimes against People of Color and btw, Neo Naziism is increasing!
- Every 28 Hours an African American is Extrajudicially Murdered in the U.S.
- Black people 3 times more likely to be arrested for Marijuana
- Black people receive much harsher sentencing than white people for the same crimes do I need to go on?
But yeah, white people’s feelings :*(
WOW THESE POSTS MAKE ME SO FUCKING ANGRY.
Just because you purposely looked up stories of non-white racism you think that it doesn’t exist?
THIS POST FUCKING PROVES THAT YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE! LIKE WHAT THE HELL! I spent my childhood fearing African-Americans because I was afraid they’d hurt me. Why? Because they made me cry for not knowing a fucking rap song. Because they told my best friend that she and I couldn’t be friends because I was white. Because I was the weird kid. Because they all constantly laughed in my face.
Just recently am I making friends who are black, and that’s only two boys who are sweet enough to realize that the world is a nice place if you make it nice.
You want to talk about prejudice and privilege? How about entitlement privilege? You think anyone cares about the white, cis girl who has been bullied and mistreated all her life? For a post about prejudice, you’re just focusing on the bad aspects because you didn’t bother looking up the ther side. Don’t act like a fucking saint and don’t speak for everyone.
why didn’t you learn some rap songs then?
Like….was that your only problem? Not knowing the lyrics to a “fucking rap song”? Oh noes?!1?
Sorry about your personal lyric-based trauma, but you legitimately missed -yet proved- the entire point of the list.
And what the fuck is “entitlement privilege?”
Just, idk, just go fucking sit down somewhere.
Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine are giving $70 million to USC in Los Angeles to establish a four-year undergraduate program for students interested in a mix of the arts, visual design, entrepreneurship, computer science and marketing. The gift will create the USC Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young Academy for Arts, Technology and the Business of Innovation, with the intention of attracting students “who challenge conventional views of art and industry.”
I was supposed to do one take home final tonight so I would only have to cry over two tomorrow
i didn’t do that at all lol oopsies.
Instead I ended up reading about transmedia storytelling and AR and watching videos about it and all that fun stuff for the past few hours.
Which I am totally okay with.
Plus, I am fairly confident I can kill that final in like…forty five mins tomorrow.
Because if there is one class I am particularly good at, it is the Cultural History of Advertising.
A’s all up in that piece.
Anyway, night y’all.
I don’t want to learn in a classroom anymore. I want to travel and talk to people and learn that way. I want to learn as I go, gathering knowledge and not being rigorously tested on it. I don’t want to lose passion in the things I like because of the worry of exams. I want to fuelled by snippets of knowledge I gain from people and be inquisitive. School has stolen my passion for the things I’m interested in and I hate it for that.
Why looking back over any lecture notes from my 8 am class is a futile effort.
Hahaha, without accounting for the classes I’m taking currently, I pretty much have a 3.0 GPA.
WHICH IS FINE BY ME
/OLLIES OUT OF UC BERKELEY
when the last step of a school assignment is to have fun